Le 24/02/2023 à 18:41, Brian a écrit :
On Fri 24 Feb 2023 at 18:25:24 +0100, Erwan David wrote:

Le 24/02/2023 à 17:45, Brian a écrit :
On Wed 22 Feb 2023 at 17:49:13 +0100, Erwan David wrote:

Hi,

hplip seems to need a dependency, many commands end with

    File "/usr/share/hplip/base/password.py", line 119, in __readAuthType
      distro_name = get_distro_std_name(os_name)
                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
NameError: name 'get_distro_std_name' is not defined. Did you mean:
'get_distro_name'?

I opend a bug for a missing dependency, but do someone know of a workaround
? I cannot use my scanner anymore because it needs a binary plugin installed
by hplip
Your issue and a workaround has been addressed. However, knowung
the device model just might lead to a better solution.

It is a LaserJet_Pro MFP M125nw
This is a little unfortunate. My records show this device to be
capable of driverless printing, but not of driverless scanning.
The later can be ascertained by running

   avahi-browse -rt _uscan._tcp

An empty output is bad news.

It appears you have to rely on the non-free plugin and the
workaround.

Yes no problem with printing, only with scanning... (for driverless alas I did not find how to make it work when printer and computer are not on same network).