Jesper Dybdal writes:

I am planning to upgrade from Buster to Bullseye, and trying to prepare for any problems.

The release notes say
The intel-microcode package currently in bullseye and buster-security (see DSA-4934-1 (https: //www.debian.org/security/2021/dsa-4934)) is known to contain two significant bugs. For some CoffeeLake CPUs this update may break network interfaces (https://github.com/intel/ Intel-Linux-Processor-Microcode-Data-Files/issues/56) that use firmware- iwlwifi, and for some Skylake R0/D0 CPUs on systems using a very outdated firmware/BIOS, the system may hang on boot (https://github.com/intel/Intel-Linux-Processor-Microcode-Data- Files/
issues/31).

I have no idea whether my old processor is a "CoffeeLake" or a "Skylake" or something else.  It is a pc that I bought in 2008, I think (and still working just fine).

/proc/cpuinfo says:
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 23
model name      : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     E8400  @ 3.00GHz

The way to find out is to query the database at ark.intel.com. For your processor it leads me to

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/33910/intel-core2-duo-processor-e8400-6m-cache-3-00-ghz-1333-mhz-fsb.html

The "CoffeeLake" and "Skylake" are processor code names. For the Core 2 Duo E8400 this is "Wolfdale" according to ark.intel.com

Do I need to worry about those microcode bugs?

Your CPU us far older than the ones affected by the microcode bug. It does not have a code name matching one of the listed ones. I'd conclude that your CPU is not affected.

HTH
Linux-Fan

öö