On Sun 19 Mar 2023 at 17:16:47 (-0000), Curt wrote:
> On 2023-03-19, Greg Wooledge <g...@wooledge.org> wrote:
> > On Sun, Mar 19, 2023 at 06:38:41PM +0800, cor...@free.fr wrote:
> >> So,
> >>
> >> * 188.66.63.1/24 is a range, not a single host in SPF
> >> * why it's not written as 188.66.63.0/24 which is more clear?
> >
> > Because it was written by a human being who made a tiny error.  One that
> > makes no difference in practice.

I'm not sure we can call it a mistake without knowing the intent of
the person who wrote it. For example, it would be perfectly possible
to cut and paste that string from, say, a machine's /e/n/i, and not
bother to change 1→0 because it's not necessary in this location.

> The question is: once our AI is out of beta and connected to the web,
> will it produce or more or less errors than the archetypal human
> being to whom you refer.

That depends what you mean by "our AI". Chatgpt? or properly
trained AIs operating in particular subject areas?

Am I an archetypal human being? How do you know?

Cheers,
David.