On Sun, Mar 26, 2023 at 04:51:25AM +0000, Andy Smith wrote:
> I have to build the kernel driver as an external DKMS
> module from:
>
>     https://github.com/lwfinger/rtw89
>
> Specifically that is the rtw_8852be module.
>
> That works fine, but it seems that this driver actually is present
> in upstream kernel versions somewhere in v6.1.x.

After asking about this on debian-kernel it was pointed out that the
driver is not actually functional until somewhere in the 6.2
upstream kernel, so is unlikely to be making it to a 6.1 LTS kernel
that will be found in bookworm.

It may be in the trixie kernel package and/or I may end up getting
it from some future bookworm-backports kernel package, so the
question still remains about the proper way to transition from a
DKMS to an included module.

Cheers,
Andy