On Sun, Mar 26, 2023 at 11:33 PM Ram Ramesh <rramesh2...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Ramesh,
>
> this might help. The bug is fixed with kernel 6.0.2-1
>
>  https://groups.google.com/g/linux.debian.bugs.dist/c/p-sgJiTR00A?pli=1
>
> All the best to you
> Eike
>
> Elke,
>
> Thanks. v6.1 is available on bullseye-backports. I installed it and the
> trouble is gone now.
>
> BTW, does non-free firmware tied to kernel version?
>
> I use firmware-realtek to deal with my dragon 2.5G NIC that seems to be
> unstable without realtek-firmware. I want to make sure I use the correct
> version (for linux v6.1), if there is such a requirement.

You will have to add and enable the non-free-firmware repo.
deb http://deb.debian.org/debian/ bookworm main non-free contrib
non-free-firmware

Binary Blobs are not directly tied to a kernel version. Since the kernel
became modular drivers and firmware are able to be developed and released
on their own schedule.

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org/