Hi Reco,

On Thu, Mar 30, 2023 at 02:34:29PM +0300, Reco wrote:
>       Hi.
>
> On Thu, Mar 30, 2023 at 12:19:24PM +0100, Julian Gilbey wrote:
> > The log seems quite unhelpful here, though I may be missing
> > something.  Here is an example:
>
> I disagree. There's nothing to miss here, thus you're correct.
> [...]

Thanks for your detailed analysis and advice!  Though I've solved the
problem in this case (it was fetchmail running in daemon mode, pulling
in emails from another mail server, though I didn't realise that this
was happening), your suggestions are excellent and I will bear them in
mind in the future if anything similar happens.

Best wishes,

   Julian