Hello,

On Thu, Apr 06, 2023 at 07:33:26PM +0800, cor...@free.fr wrote:
> For scripts put under /etc/cron.daily, which special time will they be
> implemented?

Greg already showed you how to check this on your own systems.

If you need something to run daily but at a specific time, consider
instead either creating a custom cron job in /etc/cron.d/ (or a
user's crontab) or else using a systemd timer.

> I found some services like apache2, chkrootkit will put the scripts in
> this dir automatically. are they for system cleaning purpose?

The purpose of cron.daily is literally to run scripts daily for
*whatever purpose each script has*. If you have questions about what
a specific script does, try looking at it, as it's just an
executable script (usually sh or bash). If you're still confused
then ask a specific question about a specific script.

Cheers,
Andy