davidson wrote:
> Consider the -a option to cp for backup/backdown operations, to
> preserve all attributes (including timestamps), recursively copy
> directories, and more. Read the manual for details.

  that's what i use by default for all copies.  saves me
a lot of wondering where something might have come from
and also acts as a warning to me when i see something that
should not have changed.

  since i frequenlty run into issues with git doing things
i do not like to my file metadata it's something i've become
a bit more wary about.  ugh!, blah! and drats!

  songbird