On April 22, 2023 12:58:24 PM Mark Fletcher <mark2...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sat, 22 Apr 2023 at 20:53, William Torrez Corea <willitc9...@gmail.com> wrote:

I want to delete the Gnome desktop environment.

What command is used for an elimination complete?

I use this command but don't get the effect desired.

# apt-get install task-gnome-desktop

Well, to be fair, if you want to remove it, telling it to install it probably isn’t likely to produce the desired effect…

You could try using “remove” or “purge” instead but be ready for a lot of applications that depend on Gnome (or at least on a desktop of some sort). So the better approach may be to decide what you want to replace it with, try to install that, and guide the package manager towards uninstalling Gnome as it tries to sort out the mess that creates.
In my experience it's gonna be a real mess. Gnome is tenacious.
...if it doesn't give what you what you _really want_ I suggest a fresh install with the desktop of choice
Be careful and don't include any Gnome/"Debian desktop".
Best of luck.

Mark