Thanks for you answer

>I'm guessing what you mean by "will not appear": the web server doesn't show
>it.
Yes the Webserver Apache will not present the symbolic link folder

>My first hunch would be that the web server can't read (or list) any of the
>components of the file pointed to by the symlink.
Yes, in the meantime I am also of the opinion, but how can I change this,
because the folder structure is given
and I cannot make a right change here. Or should I make a copy of the data at
the end of the process?

>Could you do ls -l to /var/lib/rancid, /var/lib/rancid/routers and so on until
>.../c3560?
Every file in this path "-R rancid:randic /var/lib/rancid"

>Besides: what does Apache's error log say (best just after you tried to access
>the resource in question).
AH00037: Symbolic link not allowed or link target not accessible:
/var/www/html/cvsweb/configs

/var/www/html/cvsweb# ls -la
drwxr-xr-x 2 www-data www-data  4096 Apr 27 21:21 .
drwxr-xr-x 3 www-data www-data  4096 Apr 27 21:27 ..
lrwxrwxrwx 1 www-data www-data    32 Apr 27 20:49 configs ->
/var/lib/rancid/routers/configs/