On 2023-04-28 at 19:52, cor...@free.fr wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> When I run this command:
>
> $ sudo echo 123 > /root/123.txt
>
> It tells me "permission rejected".
>
> Why this sudo can't get success?

If I'm not very much mistaken: because redirection like that is (as I
understand matters) processed by the currently-active shell, not by the
environment that will be created inside the sudo invocation.

What this is almost certainly doing is passing 'echo' and '123' to sudo,
and telling the *current* shell to redirect the output of 'sudo echo
123' into /root/123.txt. If the current shell process does not have
permission to write to that location, then you will get that error.

I would suspect that

$ sudo 'echo 123 > /root/123.txt'

would produce the effect you're after, but as I don't have sudo
installed, cannot verify that myself.

--
   The Wanderer