On Sun, May 07, 2023 at 08:51:29AM -0400, Greg Wooledge wrote:
> On Sun, May 07, 2023 at 09:26:33AM +0000, Schwibinger Michael wrote:
> > There are some other messages from the printer.
> >
> > Are they important?
>
> How on earth would we know whether the messages are important without
> seeing them?
>
> This is why nobody is offering you any more help.  You are presenting
> yourself as either a troll, or as someone who is so fundamentally
> incompetent that helping you is impossible.

OK. I'm going to have one more go at this. For the avoidance of doubt:
I'll assume that Sophie is genuine - maybe a teenager, certainly
someone whose first language is German.

I'm going to assume good faith, despite some evidence to the contrary.**

>From looking on Epson's website:

1. They do not support this printer under Linux officially.

2. The printer is listed as a printer supported only under Windows - lots
of variants.

3. It is listed as a GDI compatible printer - this is indicative of a printer
that requires a specific Windows driver to compose the page.

4. It is compatible with older Epson printing protocols called Esc/P and
Esc/P-R.

5. Epson do have a filter program available to make this printer work
as an Esc/P printer under Linux using CUPS to manage the printer.

6. If CUPS setup is possible - you will need to read documents to be
able to set up CUPS.

See:
https://www.epson.co.uk/products/printers/inkjet/consumer/ecotank-et-m1120/p/23162

See: https://download.ebz.epson.net/man/linux/escpr.html

> Do you want my advice?  Go find a local Linux users group, and ask them
> what kind of printers they're using.  Then buy one of THOSE printers,
> and have the Linux users group help you set it up.

This is possibly not the best advice: I would suggest that you find a
fellow student who uses Linux and is an enthusiast to help you out.

** Michael Tobias Schwibinger (or similar spelling) appears to be a
Dipl. Ing, interested in software, psychology and clown therapy / circus
skills and clown theory?

In the hope that this can finally put an end to this neverending thread.

With every good wish, as ever,

Andy Cater