On 2023-05-12 06:23:56 -0400, gene heskett wrote:
> I'm confused. There is not anything wrong with this machine as a Server.
> ALL of this muttering and bitching has been because bookworm clients did NOT
> work. buster clients work great.
>
> How many times do I have to say it is/was a CLIENT problem that only exists
> for BOOKWORM clients.  The elephant in the room that most have ignored.

But you said that the problem was "solved" by modifying a setting
corresponding to the Listen directives (in /etc/cups/cupsd.conf).
These directives concern the *server* only.

I suspect that your problem was solved for another reason (e.g.
something else occurred on the network in the mean time, or some
config was reloaded at the right time, possibly as a consequence
of your testing). Or perhaps it is not solved at all and could
reappear in the future (that's why it would be interesting to
know the real cause of the problem).

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vinc...@vinc17.net> - Web: <https://www.vinc17.net/>