On Mon, May 22, 2023 at 02:35:52PM -0500, Mark Allums wrote:
> On 5/22/2023 2:10 PM, Dan Ritter wrote:
> > mick.crane wrote:
> > > This is a request for best practice, perceived knowledge.
> > > For one reason and another this PC/Workstation (what is the difference?)
> > > boots in legacy mode. It was something to do with the SS usb port not
> > > booting the installer in EFI mode.
> > > I forget exactly.
> > > Anyway, it's a niggle that it is legacy mode and changing a working system
> > > seems a palaver.
> > > As I have the /home stuff all being/copied onto another disk I thought I'd
> > > reinstall and try to get it tidy.
> > > I thought to try this virtualisation.
> > > Q1. Would openbox be the one to go for?
> > > Things I use work happily on Bookworm but seems openbox is only available
> > > in
> > > Sid for now.
> > > Should I try to build openbox or try to get it from Sid if OpenBox is
> > > what I
> > > want?
> > > I have purchased 64Gb of this DIMM memory for the experimentation.
> > Openbox is a window manager.
> >
> > You probably mean VirtualBox, and the answer is no.
>
> Why is VirtualBox a no?  I use it; it works  fine.

Virtualbox is a no because of the security policy for bugfixes from Oracle.
This is the reason that it was removed from Debian stable and testing.

The virtualbox guest additions (if used) are also distributable but can
only be used subject to a personal licence acceptance.

KVM and virt-manager are assuredly a good and easy way to go.

All the very best, as ever,

Andy Cater