Hello Marc!

On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 12:36:52PM +0200, Marc Hultquist wrote:
Therefore I was wondering, how do I get apt-get to authenticate against our
squid proxy here with a specific username & password ? I aint
completly sure as to how todo it or whether it can be done or not, but it
would be a huge help if it could, and if anyone does know how, if they
could contact me ? On or off the list, does not matter.

You can set up apt-get in /etc/apt/apt.conf or set the http_proxy environment variable, see man apt.conf for details, see zless /usr/share/doc/apt/examples/configure-index.gz for, well, examples.

HTH,
Flo