From: Joe <jo*@***ing.com>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2023 09:09:25 +0100

Thank you, Mr. Joe, for replying to my post:

[   ...   ]
... I use the Gnome package alacarte: ...
[   ...   ]

I have begun to dislike Gnome when it switched over to wayland desktop
environment. I don't like it. My best preference is a start menu ⟶
sub-menu ⟶ sub-sub-menu ⟶ ... ⟶ Program. Which is why I preferred
LXDE. But no longer.

[   ...   ]
... If you want an icon for it, you'll need to find a suitable one and
use alacarte to select it. ...

I know how to make a menu-item creating/editing the respective file
ending with filename .desktop in the /usr/share/applications directory
and the rest.

I have solved the autorun scripts and commands problem recently. The
solution is in this forum here:

My objective is also to add customised menu on the right-click
drop-down menu-list in LXDE's pcmanfm or any other file manager by
right-clicking on a clear area of a desktop. The issue has been
brought to the debian-user list members in: