From: Chuck Zmudzinski <brchu***@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2023 12:18:43 -0400
Subject: Re: Isn't KDE Live ISO accompanied by an ultra-light Windows
Manager, like OpenBox is with LXDE?
To: Susmita/Rajib <bkpsusmi...@gmail.com>

On 5/29/23 2:00 AM, Susmita/Rajib wrote:
> My dear illustrious Leaders and Senior Members of the Debian Users Mailing
> List,

[   ...   ]

> I am driven by the need to get over LXDE+OpenBox environment that is
> dying, if not already dead.

[   ...   ]

Hello Rajib,

Did you try LXQT?

https://lxqt-project.org/

https://packages.debian.org/bullseye/lxqt

https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current-live/amd64/iso-hybrid/debian-live-11.7.0-amd64-lxqt.iso

https://cdimage.debian.org/images/unofficial/non-free/images-including-firmware/11.7.0-live+nonfree/amd64/iso-hybrid/debian-live-11.7.0-amd64-lxqt+nonfree.iso

I never tried the Debian live LXQT images, but I have installed the
LXQT meta package
alongside GNOME as an alternative to LXDE and it works well and comes
with OpenBox.

LXQT is built on qt5 which is the same underlying GUI toolkit that KDE
uses but is more
lightweight than KDE. It is similar to LXDE which I used to use but I
switched to LXQT
because I perceived it to be under more active development than LXDE.

P.S. I am not able to reply to you on-list because I was banned from
Debian mailing lists
by our illustrious Debian leaders for allegedly trolling, but I think
they made a mistake
about that because I am not a troll and just wanted to help out and
express my opinion
on some things as a Debian user but they censored my opinion by
banning me. A few of
our illustrious Debian leaders use their power to censor minority
viewpoints, unfortunately.

Kind regards,

Chuck