"Susmita/Rajib" <bkpsusmi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Then there are:
> /etc/xdg/menus/kf5-applications.menu
> /etc/xdg/menus/lxlauncher-applications.menu
> /etc/xdg/menus/lxde-applications.menu
>
> Then there is also another directory by name
> /etc/xdg/menus/applications-merged with a .menu file
> ~/.config/menus/debian-menu.menu

You can choose the menu layout you prefer.
Run it like this for example:
openbox-menu kf5-applications.menu
By default it's looking for applications.menu with paths set in
$XDG_CONFIG_DIRS.

To add it to the Openbox menu, edit ~/.config/openbox/menu.xml and replace:
<menu id="applications-menu" label="Applications" execute="/usr/bin/obamenu"/>
with:
<menu id="applications-menu" label="Applications"
execute="/usr/bin/openbox-menu kf5-applications.menu"/>

For the questions related to the main menu in LXDE, I don't know.