Am Tue, Jun 20, 2023 at 07:52:24AM +0200 schrieb BASSAGET Cédric:

Bonjour Cédric,

> Hello
> I'm using fetchamil / procmail to fetch mails from an POP server and parse
> it then launch a script or system call :

[...]

> This work fine when calling fetchamil as root with "fetchamil -f
> .fetchmailrc". But when calling fetchmail from a dedicated user, the
> external script in procmail is not called. It's written in the logfile that
> :
>
> procmail: [25332] Mon Jun 19 16:20:28 2023
> procmail: Assigning "MATCH="
> procmail: Matched "<9088600d-446a-96b4-4043-29ecd0d5a...@dom.tld>"
> procmail: Match on "^Message-ID: \/.*"
> procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER= echo "whoami" > test.txt"
>  Subject: test
>   Folder:  echo "whoami" > test.txt
>  1824
> procmail: Executing " echo "whoami" > test.txt"

I have faced a problem which is not exactly the same. I run fetchmail
followed by maildrop which is a procmail replacement. I have had the
issue that I have had to run fetchmail as a normal user (my account)
when I wanted to invoke maildrop by fetchmail directly.

I wanted to run fetchmail as the unprivileged user fetchmail.

The workaround has been to delete maildrop from fetchmailrc. By doing so
fetchmail forwards all mail to the mailserver on my machine. In my case
I run opensmtpd. Opensmtpd is configured do forward mails for local
addresses to maildrop. This resolved the conflict of the different
accounts which run fetchmail and maildrop.

Now fetchmail runs as the user fetchmail and maildrop by my account.
I think that this method could be a workaround in your situation as
well. I think so because it seems to be an issue related to privileges,
too.

Kind regards,
Christoph
--