I have an issue with virtual machines under qemu.

Sequence as follows:

I press Numeric Lock (or Num Lock) so that the keyboard indicator lights up.

I then switch to the workspace that contains a running virtual machine. The
virtualised OS does not seem to be important, this happens with Debian and
Rocky Linux.

When I press keys on the numeric keypad I do not get numbers. What gets sent
are the sequences that do Home, Page Up, ...

I press Num Lock so that the keyboard indicator goes out.

I press keys on the numeric keypad and get numbers.

So: it seems that the state of the Num Lock key is not picked up by qemu.

Is this is qemu bug or can I tweak the configuration ?

Thanks in advance.

I am running Debian 10 - Buster. I use the Mate desktop.

--
Alain Williams
Linux/GNU Consultant - Mail systems, Web sites, Networking, Programmer, IT