On Wed, Jun 21, 2023, at 9:21 PM, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 22, 2023 at 12:15 AM Rick Thomas <rick.tho...@pobox.com> wrote:
>>
>> I have a Raspberry Pi that is running Debian (*not* Raspbian) that I just
>> upgraded from Bullseye => Bookworm.
>>
>> Following the upgrade whenever I try to install the latest upgrades, I get
>> errors (see attached transcript).
>>
>> Can anybody see what I've done wrong?  Or what I can do to fix it?
>>
>> I'm not a java user myself, though I suspect there are java programs are
>> used by programs that I use at the command-line level.   Would it be
>> possible to simply "purge" the affected packages?
>>
>> Thanks for any help you can give me to get this machine back in operation!
>
> The first command I would run is:
>
>    apt-get install ca-certificates-java
>
> If the package is already installed (I can't tell; it looks like
> install may have failed), then:
>
>    apt-get install --reinstall ca-certificates-java
>
> If apt-get fails, then I would move on to dpkg.
>
> Jeff

Thanks, Jeff!
In this case, the package is already installed.
Unfortunately when I try to reinstall it, I get:

rbthomas@pi:~$ sudo -i  apt-get install --reinstall ca-certificates-java
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 reinstalled, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
4 not fully installed or removed.
After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used.
E: Internal Error, No file name for ca-certificates-java:arm64
rbthomas@pi:~$

Any idea that that even means?

Thanks!
Rick