On Thu, Jun 22, 2023 at 09:33:57PM +0800, Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jun 2023 at 21:22, <to...@tuxteam.de> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Jun 22, 2023 at 09:17:17PM +0800, Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming
> > wrote:
> > > Subject: I can confirm that Fortigate firewalls are definitely based on
> > > Linux
> > >
> > > Good day from Singapore,
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > > Do you guys know which Linux distro Fortigate firewalls are based on?
> > > I would like to know. This will be very interesting.
> >
> > If I were you, I'd ask Fortigate: if they are using GPL licensed components
> > (the Linux kernel would be one), they have to give you a copy of their
> > modified sources.
> >
> > Cheers
> > --
>
> I think Fortinet wouldn't say.

I think you might want to practice your search-engine-fu :) It seems
that someone (Harald Welte) has been already there [1].

So if they still don't say, they are clearly repeat offenders. Do ask
them, don't be lazy, and if they don't comply, tell gpl-violations.org.

Cheers

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gpl-violations.org#Fortinet