Arno,

Thank you so much for your prompt response.
Very interesting that it's working as expected for you.

At least I can isolate the problem to being local for my network.

I asked about this in #debian on irc, and it was suggested that I
check if I use dhcpv6 or dhcpv6-pd. I'm not 100% into ipv6
terminology, but I think my ISP uses dhcp-pd to give me a prefix.
Other than that I don't think dhcpv6 is in use. I use SLAAC with and
without privacy extensions (basically, a complete default setup).

In any case, I do not believe that my ISP changed anything in those 30
minutes it took me to install bookworm, so I can't understand why it
behaves differently.

I'll have to dig deeper.

Thank you for input and comments!

Best,