Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

Auditd is giving me a weird error that google has shown is more common
than it should be. If the answer to this next question is what I'm
thinking it is, that very likely means a kernel issue.

The question is this, what kernel version (I believe it is 6.x?) comes
with Debian 12? The reason I ask is because of this:

#uname -a
Linux hostname.example.com 4.19.0 #1 SMP Thu Dec 15 20:31:06 MSK 2022
x86_64 GNU/Linux

#uname -r
4.19.0

#hostnamectl
 Static hostname: hostname.example.com
       Icon name: computer-container
         Chassis: container ?
      Machine ID: xxx
         Boot ID: xxx
  Virtualization: openvz
Operating System: Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm)
          Kernel: Linux 4.19.0
    Architecture: x86-64

I don't think that is correct.
Thanks.