On Fri 30 Jun 2023 at 01:27:57 (-0400), Felix Miata wrote:
> Stephen P. Molnar composed on 2021-01-03 06:58 (UTC-0400):
>
> > My main computer runs  Debian Buster and is displaying some unusual
> > behavior.
>
> > The monitor is blanking, without warning, at random times, and restoring
> > the screen  while I working. There is no warning, nor does the computer
> > seem to be overheating (I continuously monitor the temperature).
>
> > I rather suspect that it may be a hardware problem. I keep the software
> > up to date.
>
> This 30 month old issue smells a lot like the current one. Do you still have
> a KVM
> switch hooked up to the M5 A97 R2.0's GPU? I don't see a solution in that
> thread
> on https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2021/01/threads.html .

Back then, the OP appeared to use "hardwired" differently from how
I would. I've never seen a monitor that could be hardwired to
anything: all have had sockets on the back. Ditto personal computers.

My monitor with the flickering colours was firmly attached with
screwed-down D plugs. That doesn't guarantee electrical reliability
of the individual pins.

OTOH I've only experienced Out of Range complaints when guessing
the settings for a new (to me) monitor/TV.

Cheers,
David.