Hello Christoph,

For the record: I am using Gnome. The system in question is not an
update from Bullseye but a clean new install on new hardware.
dpkg -l | grep pulse shows these (below), but trying to install
pulseaudio itself would remove critical components from GNOME - not a
good idea.

ii  libcanberra-pulse:amd64                 0.30-10
     amd64        PulseAudio backend for libcanberra
ii  libpulse-mainloop-glib0:amd64           16.1+dfsg1-2+b1
     amd64        PulseAudio client libraries (glib support)
ii  libpulse0:amd64                         16.1+dfsg1-2+b1
     amd64        PulseAudio client libraries
ii  pipewire-pulse                          0.3.65-3
     amd64        PipeWire PulseAudio daemon

Yours sincerely
Stefan