Hi,

On Mon, Jul 24, 2023 at 01:35:49PM -0700, Scott Edwards wrote:
> https://paste.debian.net/1286823/
>
> I just want to upgrade to stable, but I'm stuck here

buster is Debian 10. stable is Debian 12. If you are trying to
upgrade buster to stable, you are making a mistake as you are not
supposed to skip releases. However from the package versions in your
paste I am guessing you meant buster to oldstable (11, bullseye).

Can you confirm you have read the release notes for Debian 11,
specifically the section on upgrading from Debian 10?

https://www.debian.org/releases/oldstable/amd64/release-notes/ch-upgrading.en.html

because if you have, then I do not understand why you aren't
following the documented steps, which are in part:

# apt update
# apt upgrade --without-new-pkgs
# apt full-upgrade

Cheers,