1. about half the time, opening a file requestor from a AppImage program which includes DigiKam 8.2.0 from the July 24th build, Ultimaker-cura 5.4.0, OpenSCAD, latest AppImage often takes a minute or more after I've clicked the mouse.

2. digiKam cannot access to write, stuff it can see in the camera, and no errors are reported other than the popup attached. Which comes up instantly, no time lag involved. 3. OpenSCAD and Cura may save 10 times, or may not the next time, be subjected to this 1 minute or more lag.

This on a system with 32 gigs of dram that is currently 0/107 gigs of swap according to htop. With 1.99/31.2 of used memory.

/home is a nearly 2t raid10 that was formatted ext4, last under buster. mouunted in fstab: UUID=bc6135de-0578-4e3b-b2c0-5c4687abd9bd /home ext4 errors=remount-ro 0 1

I've tried to induce an fsck (the final 1 above) without visible success while booting, And I've gone into the Pictures and Photo subdirs and exec'd:
sudo chown -R me:me both directories w/o changing anything I can see.

And since bookworm has shut down, or moved, all the logs that might keep track of this, I'm lost. What can I do to trace or fix the reason for this denial of service? I know zip about your new ACL stuff if thats even involved. IDK. Is there a special version of chown for raid arrays? And where the heck are the logs, they should be in the /var directory of the drive its booted from which s/b /dev/sda, but df thinks its: now /dev/sda, last boot it was /dev/sdb, so much for UUID's. I have not moved any cables. One is a 500G samsung 860 SSD, the other a 1t Samsung 870 SSD.
An ls of /var/log:
gene@coyote:~$ ls /var/log
alternatives.log apache2 boot.log boot.log.2 boot.log.4 btmp cups dpkg.log.1 faillog gdm3 journal private runit sddm.log wtmp alternatives.log.1 apt boot.log.1 boot.log.3 boot.log.5 btmp.1 dpkg.log exim4 fontconfig.log installer lastlog README samba
speech-dispatcher

So where are syslog and dmesg?

Thanks.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.