Le 12/08/2023 à 16:24, David Wright a écrit :
On Sat 12 Aug 2023 at 15:45:52 (+0200), Erwan David wrote:
Installing a new debian 12 I see that the installer setups a 1G swap
on a 24G RAM laptop.

Is the hibernation out of swap now ? (I chose to have a biigger swap,
but I find it strange)
The arguments are rehearsed in:

   https://wiki.debian.org/Swap

Cheers,
David.

Not completely : I think I will open a bug (wishlist) against the installer : it is complicated to change swap size when you must reduce root partition size to do this. So at least a question "will you use suspend/hibernate" at install time would be useful (I did not find in the installer how to change the sizes so I had to delete bot then recreate them, and it would have been complicated on a machine already installed)

--
Erwan David