Greeting all;
bookworm, upto date, cups 2.4.2 installed.

I goto print a doc on a 3d printer control card, and can't print a pdf from firefox.

So I goto localhost:631, no printers! I had 4 the day before yesterday, and used 2 of them.

So I goto add printers, get asked for my passwd, and then all of them show up but can't do a test page, no response, so I reconfigure the big one for lowwr tray, duplex on duplex copy paper. Print a test page, works, so I configure this same printer a second time for foto paper from tray 1, print test page works to expen$ive paper, go back to first and resend another test page to see if it still draws paper from tray 2, it does.

So since I'm on a roll. configure the b&w duplex laser printer, send a test page, works. 2 copies of that printer so I send a test to it. doesn't respond so I delete it. Go back to firefox, select print the 27 page pdf I'm looking at, no response. Goto journalctl and see it say:
Aug 24 12:55:29 coyote firefox-esr[141594]: g_object_ref: assertion 'G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed Aug 24 12:55:35 coyote plasmashell[2495]: libkcups: Get-Printer-Attributes last error: 0 successful-ok Aug 24 12:55:35 coyote plasmashell[2495]: libkcups: 3 "Brother_MFC_J6920DW_duplex_lowertray_coyote" Aug 24 12:55:42 coyote kwin_x11[2453]: qt.qpa.xcb: QXcbConnection: XCB error: 3 (BadWindow), sequence: 10153, resource id: 90188401, major code: 15 (QueryTree), minor code: 0

I even added myself to the lp user in /etc/group, still no response.

Where do I look next?

Thanks.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)