My main Debian host is going to sleep and I can't awaken it without
holdiing the power button down for some period.

We have had some neighborhood power issues recently, and I have been
manually powering down while away for a few short trips (no UPS yet,
either, but my Windows box next to the Debian host [same power source] is
solidly running).

A search of the logs shows entries for power from various system sources on
a daily basis (syslog)::, but I haven't seen anything about overheating or
such. I know the internal motherboard thermal sensors work (don't ask), so
I'm not worried about real overheating.

Is there a way to definitely deactivate all OS-related power changes so the
power button has only two functions (on/off)?

Note:  The systemd "/etc/systemd/sleep.conf" file has all entries commented
out.

Thanks for any ideas.

-Tom