On Sun, 17 Sep 2023 14:43:16 -0400
Steve Matzura <s...@noisynotes.com> wrote:

> # NAS box:
> //192.168.1.156/BigVol1 /mnt/bigvol1 cifs
> _netdev,username=<username>,password=<password>,ro 0 0

Possibly part of the problem is that this is a CIFS (Samba) mount, not
an NFS mount.

Is samba installed?

If you try to mount that mount manually, what error message(s) and
return value do you get? e.g. a successful mount:

root@jhegaala:~# mount /home/charles/samba
root@jhegaala:~# echo $?
0
root@jhegaala:~#

You may also want to rethink that line in fstab. I have, e.g.:

//samba.localdomain/samba /home/charles/samba cifs
_netdev,rw,credentials=/etc/samba/charles.credentials,uid=charles,gid=charles,file_mode=0644,noauto
  0       0

The noauto is in there because this is a laptop, and I have scripts to
mount it only if the machine is on a home network. For a desktop, I
remove the noauto and have x-systemd.automount instead.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com
https://charlescurley.com/blog/