On 9/24/23, Michel Verdier <mv...@free.fr> wrote:
> If you use USB you need a cable allowing data, some allow only power.

 The  USB cable I have been using to charge the battery of that phone
visually seems to be the same exact one being advertised as doubling
as a data cable, but running:
 $ sudo lsusb
 Before and after plugging in the phone doesn’t show any difference.
 Is there a way to test for sure that cable is the right one?
~
On 9/25/23, Marco <m...@dorfdsl.de> wrote:
> According to the Google documentation:

 which I found:

// __ Transfer files between your computer and Android device

 https://support.google.com/android/answer/9064445?hl=en-GB
~
 doesn’t really explain what to do. They apparently want for you to
transfer your files to google drive and all that non sense.

 I also tried mtp fs utility, but I am getting the error message:
detect failed: no MTP devices found

 go-mtpfs -android  "<path to directory>"
 2023/09/25 12:10:10 detect failed: no MTP devices found
~
 I also tried jmtpfs:

$ which jmtpfs
/usr/bin/jmtpfs

$ jmtpfs --version
jmtpfs version: 0.5
FUSE library version: 2.9.9
fusermount version: 2.9.9
using FUSE kernel interface version 7.19

$ sudo jmtpfs
No mtp devices found.
~
 Most probably there is a setting in that phone I haven’t been able to find.

 lbrtchx