Hello,

On Fri, Sep 29, 2023 at 04:36:04PM -0400, gene heskett wrote:
> On 9/29/23 15:21, Andy Smith wrote:
> > On Fri, Sep 29, 2023 at 03:15:54PM -0400, gene heskett wrote:
> > > I have SSD's for swap on an rpi4b, so to lessen the abuse of the u-sd
> > > card I
> > > need to turn off the swap file, and swapon -a the SSD stuff.
> >
> > Have you looked in /etc/fstab where as you know filesystem mounts
> > are described? If the swap file is listed in there, remove it and
> > add one that's on your SSD.

[…]

> Swap file is the last thing I want, much slower than a swap partition.

There has been no performance difference between swap files and
swap partitions for more than a decade.

> cnc@rpi4:/etc$ sudo swapon -s
> Filename                                Type            Size Used
> Priority
> /dev/zram0                              partition       1048572 98304
> 100
> /dev/sda2                               partition       9859068 0
> -3
>
> I need it to forget zram0 and use the swap on sda2

You didn't respond to the part about /etc/fstab so we have no idea
if you found the information you needed.

Assuming you did find the errant entry in /etc/fstab, a sequence of:

1. swapoff -a
2. edit /etc/fstab to be correct
3. swapon -a

should change things to how you want them.

Thanks,
Andy