On 9/30/23, hede <debian...@der-he.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> does anyone know why CVE-2023-5217 (critical vp8 encoder bug) is rated as an
> "open unimportant issue" for firefox-esr? Currently it is not fixed in
> bookworm and newer [1]. Mozilla itself rates it as "critical" [2].

At the bottom of the page of your [1] is the note
src:firefox, src:firefox-esr and src:thunderbird use the system libvpx
starting in bookworm
and above. For older releases still needs the fixes in src:firefox-esr
and src:thunderbird.

https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1053182#22
  Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 14:58:43 +0000
  We believe that the bug you reported is fixed in the latest version of
  libvpx, which is due to be installed in the Debian FTP archive.

But I'm just guessing that the firefox security tracker page hasn't
been updated yet.

Regards
Lee