Hello,

On Sun, Oct 22, 2023 at 04:33:12PM +0000, Albretch Mueller wrote:
>  After generating a file with lines of text, I have to:
>  1) parse some of those lines based on a pattern I know (no regex
> necessary, just a FS path)
>  2) once parsed from those lines I need the last n characters only

There's a large number of ways to achieve what you want, but it's
hard to believe that simply getting the suffix is all that you want.
I think it's likely that you'll reject most of the otherwise correct
answers because they don't suit what you're about to do next.

So you might consider telling us what you will do next with the
suffix of each line.

Thanks,
Andy