> On 24 Oct 2023, at 14:46, Dan Ritter <d...@randomstring.org> wrote:
>
> Henggi wrote:
>> Hi list,
>>
>> Completely stuck here, any clue appreciated!
>>
>> — by default xrdp.ini listening config is set to "port=3389“ (which is
>> expected to listen on ipv4 && ipv6 in parallel as I understand). However
>> using that seems only to listen on tcp4 according to „netstat“
>> — therefore changed listening config to "port=tcp://:3389“ (which is
>> exprected to listen on ip4/tcp only)… which seems todo that as per netstat
>> output shown above
>

> man xrdp,ini:
>
> address=ip address
>    Specify xrdp listening address. If not specified, defaults to 0.0.0.0 (all
> interfaces).
Never had any address specified in xrdp.ini… so it’s expected to listen to
default 0.0.0.0 (all interfaces) which it did already before acc. to netstat
(as mentioned in prev. email)

> port=port
>    Specify TCP port to listen on for incoming connections. The default for
> RDP is 3389.
>

> Remove or comment out all address and port lines from the config and
> restart xrdp.
>
> Show us the TCP listener on the machine after that:
>
> ss -tlnp | grep 3389

- when using „port=tcp://:3389“ in xrdp.ini:
root@server:~# ss -tlnp | grep 3389
LISTEN 0      2                 0.0.0.0:3389       0.0.0.0:*
users:(("xrdp",pid=96436,fd=11))

- when using using „port=3389“ in xrdp.ini:
root@mail:~# ss -tlnp | grep 3389
LISTEN 0      2                       *:3389             *:*
users:(("xrdp",pid=202831,fd=11))

-> either way behaviour is the same, tcp connection works from localhost but
not from other host.