On 2023-10-28 18:31, Roy J. Tellason, Sr. wrote:
On Saturday 28 October 2023 07:25:39 am gene heskett wrote:
On 10/28/23 00:14, Max Nikulin wrote:
> On 28/10/2023 01:39, Greg wrote:
>> I just noticed that there is no rrdcollect in Bookworm. What is the
>> "proper" way of collecting sensors readings?
>
> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1029995 :
>> please consider removing rrdcollect. Its a tool/daemon to collect
>> metrics from the local system into RRD files. There are quite a number
>> of alternatives in Debian to do the same, better (munin, et al).

I just looked at munin in synaptic, But while there lots of parts to it,
there is not a single word that indicates what it does? Absolutely
nothing that tells me it can monitor the system fans or measure the
systems voltages.  What does it actually DO?

I've seen that fairly often,  particularly with software packages.
It's a real aggravation at times.

I've sometimes thought it would be useful if at the top of man pages there was.
"Why would I use this" with explanation.

mick