On 31/10/2023 04:02, Pocket wrote:
On 10/30/23 15:50, Timothy M Butterworth wrote:

I know it is using dhclient because I typod the domain name supersede domain-name "home.apra"; and it populated .apra in resolv.conf.

Sorry, it is not clear for me what did you do and what result you got. There is a script that may run ifupdown hooks:
/etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d/01-ifupdown
I hope, dhclient settings do not conflict with NetworkManager connection properties.

/etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf (lib: no-mac-addr-change.conf)

[main]
# rc-manager=
# auth-polkit=true
# dhcp=internal

This states that you are running two DHCP clients as I suspected.

I would not be so sure. Notice "[ifupdown] managed=false". It is better to have a look into "ps axuwwf" for DHCP-related stuff (dhclient, udhcpcd). I hope, systemd-networkd does not try to manage interfaces

    networkctl

should report "unmanaged". I assume that NetworkManager uses its internal DHCP client and it is OK.

Timothy, are you sure that "Pixel5" sends a DHCP lease? I have almost no experience with IPv6. I would try other methods for IPv6. I hope,

    nmcli connection show Pixel5

may shed more light on IPv6 configuration state. Finally, do not neglect "journalctl -b" messages (even though I find NetworkManager log messages rather noisy).