On 10/31/23 05:12, The Wanderer wrote:
On 2023-10-30 at 23:11, Max Nikulin wrote:

On 30/10/2023 00:00, gene heskett wrote:

Somebody who /can/ report it. I changed ISP's over a decade back,
so I am not me to bugzilla, and because I am known also by name, I
can't re-register. I can't even get a pw reset cuz it (I'm guessing
here) is sending it to my earlier ISP's

Sorry, it is not clear what particular bugzilla instance you are
writing about. You are sending e-mails and you should be able to
register a new account. Do you mean that you have managed to upset
developers to the degree when they decide to ban your active mail
address?

I parsed it as something like "I can't register an account that has the
same name (in whatever sense matters to me) as the one I had before,
because that account already exists, and I can't recover that account,
because it's trying to recover via an E-mail address I no longer have
access to.".

The question of in what sense the account has the "same name" is
undetermined, but the existence of such an additional constraint is the
only way I can see to parse the given scenario so that it makes sense.

correct
Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis