From: "Andrew M.A. Cater" <amaca...@einval.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2023 16:39:01 +0000

On Sun, 12 Nov 2023 at 07:42, Susmita/Rajib <bkpsusmi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 11, 2023 at 05:44:29PM +0530, Susmita/Rajib wrote:
> > Apologise for the typos and incorrect sentence constructions in my
[     ...     ]
> > Possible?
> >

> I'd suggest you remove
>
> php-common
> apache2
> apache2-bin
> apache2-data
> mariadb-client-10.5
>
> and then an apt autoremove.
>
> Then perhaps an apt-purge apache2 .. and so on.
> Then go back and remove any outlying packages that have not already been
> removed until you have no more left.
[     ...     ]

Ok. Thank you Mr. Cater, for your guidance.

[     ...     ]
> For the future - for any reader of this list, not just Rajib:
>
> If you don't know quite what you're installing and a single package installs
> lots of other packages, stop and consider before you install. Meta-packages
> like desktops pull in lots of dependencies, but so, as you've seen does
> PHP
>
> If you're really not sure: read lots then ask. If you say

I sincerely apologise, Mr. Cater.
I am not posting an excuse, but sometimes, the excitement of the
prospect of a new perspective and more wisdom becomes too overpowering
to restrain myself from undue risk-taking. A millennium of lost
opportunities, trampled hopes and prospects, the lack of a beautiful
and fulfilling community life and a prosperous society enhances the
excitement exponentially. In this regard we share our common pain with
the Israelis, suffering from multiple-centuries of genocide even many
times more than the 2nd World War Holocaust. Our foodgrains were
repeatedly diverted, causing many man-made famines for more than a
century, killing and displacing my ancestors and made us more
susceptible to diabetes and heart diseases. But as the Israelis also
endorse, the only people that didn't persecute them were us.

My conscience cries for the sufferings of a grand continuous
civilisation and her peoples, Mr. Cater.

Prof. C K Raju's articles entice with the prospect of identifying the
real perpetrators of such inhuman atrocities with more evidence. So
the excitement couldn't be contained.

> "I want to do X. I think that means I need to install Y and configure Z.
> >From reading ABC pages, I _think_ that means that I need to do the
> following but I'm not sure because page C says to do this and I don't
> understand. I'm running Debian 12.2 updated this week. "
>
>  - it becomes a lot easier to understand what you want.

Yes, I have followed the general sensible guidelines. But in
excitement I couldn't restrain myself from experimenting. I didn't
consider the problem to be so irritating. So I didn't consider that I
would have to ask for support later. I sincerely apologise, Mr. Cater.

[     ...     ]
> If you explain _exactly_ what error messages you get and how you get them
> that helps significantly. If you've done a web search and found a possible
> answer or that other people have had a similar problem, add that in.
>
> "I'm getting error message DEF from running this command. From the net,
> it looks as if other people have been having similar problems on older
> versions of Debian but not recently - am I reading this correctly"
>
> It shows that you have made an attempt to problem solve for yourself and
> people will be more willing to help and explain their suggestions.
[     ...     ]

By good coincidence, I follow this sensible recording of experiences.
But thank you for reminding and consolidating the idea behind the
actions in a clearer language.

> If the advice you get solves a problem - post that back to the list
> in the thread and change the message subject slightly to make it
> clear that this is an answer. For example:
>
> [SOLVED] Package foo fails to install in Debian 12.2. [Was: Cannot install
>  foo]
[     ...     ]

There is one problem with this approach, as stated earlier. For the
Mailing list, any change of subject from my Gmail webmail email-server
makes such an email detached from the main thread and treats it as a
different subject. Had Mailman also had an email editor for posting
messages, that would have been a better option.

However, I understand the difficulties and the legalities associated
with this added functionality and acknowledge the associated problems,
since FSF has to bear with the Deep State more, bringing an added
peril to itself. We already know the fate of Assange, Snowden and
myriads of unknown others.

In countries where the Law owes its existence to Xtian Morality
legitimising flat earth, land grab, usurpation, genocides, may the
real Hive Mind of the Holographic Universe, the Brahm, save us from
the faux construct.

The people who choose to empower us, despite facing all perils, have
our fullest admiration and wellwishes.

Between the two options therefore, I usually choose to keep all the
posts consolidated within a single thread for the future users. I hope
that with your greater experience, expertise and wisdom, you would be
able to guide me in this regard, w.r.t. gmail and Mailman.

> It is always possible that no-one else has ever seen anything similar. The
> advice you get from people here may always be a best guess as to a solution.
> The more clearly you can give information, the easier the problem solving
> becomes.
>
> If you have to ask lots of questions around the same subject, consider
> stopping and writing a summary post to write down what you've learned
> and solutions you have tried so far.
>
> SUMMARY - Package bar still failing to install after several tries
>
> "I have been given solution A in a post in this thread on November 1st.
> I did this but then got error message B - see post on November 3rd
>  so I did C on November 4th. The problem I have now is that the
> error message is DE"

All your notes shall be remembered, Mr. Cater. Thank you and best wishes.
Rajib
Etc.