On Wed, Nov 15, 2023 at 10:23:45PM -0700, Charles Curley wrote:
On Wed, 15 Nov 2023 22:18:09 -0700
Charles Curley <charlescur...@charlescurley.com> wrote:

One thing I didn't like is that approx appears to require fiddling
with sources.list. apt-cacher-ng simply requires setting a proxy
value, in its own file in /etc/apt/apt.conf.d. E.g.:

root@hawk:/etc/apt/apt.conf.d# cat /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/02proxy
Acquire::http::Proxy "http://aptcacher.localdomain:3142";;
root@hawk:/etc/apt/apt.conf.d#

Or, even simpler, install auto-apt-proxy on your clients and let them
find your proxy. The package description says it works for approx. And
that worked!

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com
https://charlescurley.com/blog/

Thanks for checking, Charles.  My schedule does not allow me to work
on it until tomorrow evening.  However, can auto-apt-proxy be
specified during mirror selection with a netinstall?  That is my
primary need and use for approx.

A friend gave me his old Windows XP machine.  I installed on it Debian
12 with XFCE desktop.  I intend to use it to replace an old machine on
which is installed Debian 9, running a mail server (getmail) and an
approx server.

RLH