On 11/16/23 17:23, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Please forgive the off-topic question. I want to connect with someone
from South Korea. I want to understand how competition helps drive
down the cost of internet service.

I understand South Korea has at least 6 Internet Service Providers in
some areas. South Koreans enjoy gigabit download speeds at a fraction
of the cost to their US counterparts. They can download a 4 GB dvd or
iso in under 2 seconds, and pay the equivalent to about $25/month for
the service. Or those were the numbers I saw several years ago. (The
US is a mess because of a US Supreme Court ruling where the idiots in
black robes decided 2 companies were enough for competition. It has
ruined competition in every vertical I am aware of).

Poland, Warsaw, 1Gbps download, 65PLN/month = 16USD.

Regards
Greg