On Sat, 18 Nov 2023 08:25:10 -0500
marathon <marathon.duran...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Using Debian Bookworm, on Lenovo X280 laptop. Each time after cold
> startup or from suspend, I've found the ufw software is turned off
> and blocks all network activity in that state.

How do you know it is turned off? Please show the exact command you are
using, including leading and trailing command line prompts.

ufw is a tool for setting up and managing a firewall. It is not the
firewall itself. To find out if your firewall is active, run

iptables -n -L

If you see this, you have no firewall at all, you are wide open, and
should run some ifw command to bring the firewall up:

root@chaffee:~# iptables -n -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
root@chaffee:~#

If you see anything else, you may have a working firewall. As I don't
use ifw, I have no idea what it should look like.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com
https://charlescurley.com/blog/