On 11/27/23 22:59, Maureen L Thomas wrote:
I would like some advice.  I have been offered a dedicated IP through
NORD.  Is it worth it or is it not needed?  Pros and cons would be very
helpful.  Thank you.

Moe

Worth it is up to you, needed it's impossible to realy say (see below).

A static IP (no idea of what dedicated means in this context), would be
useful if you knew what you were doing.
See this thread for what static refers to and the use case for getting one.

A VPN will encrypt the traffic between two parties, that does not give
you some security but will help preventing PPLs eavesdropping.

If you pay a VPN provider, you need to trust that provider for it to be
worth paying.
In other words, the VPN provider can still look at what you are doing as
they are providing the service.

--
John Doe