Hi all,

Debian 10.13

Is it normal for logrotate service to go from "inactive (dead)" to "failed (Result: exit-code)" state every time logrotate.timer (active-waiting) kicks in?

E.g. "sudo systemctl restart logrotate" brings back "inactive (dead)" but only until the next logrotate.time trigger (midnight in my case).

Journal only goes back a couple of hours and the only warning/error I can see is:

"Warning: Journal has been rotated since unit was started. Log output is incomplete or unavailable."

Both systemd-journald and logrotate.timer run with the default settings.

Regards,
Adam