On Fri, 8 Dec 2023 at 20:22, cen <imba...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a very weird issue that.. if I type too fast the password is wrong. I
> know this sounds weird but it's true..
>
> I can type the same password fast and it is wrong, then I type it very slowly
> the third time and it works.
>
> I feel like it must be some weird thing with the boot terminal input rate or
> key detection but I have no clue where to start looking.

[...]

> Any clues welcome

Hi,

I have experienced something similar, so it does not sound weird to me.
So my solution to my similar problem, might be a useful clue for you :)

I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro laptop [1] whose default keyboard rate settings
cause manual typing of the cryptsetup password entry in the initrd environment
to fail more often than not. A very annoying situation.

I fix this situation by causing /sbin/kbdrate to run inside the initrd
environment,
before the cryptsetup password entry occurs.

A while ago I wrote an email message about how I do that here:

Maybe this method can help you with your encrypted ZFS password entry,
I don't know.

[1] Toshiba Satellite Pro C665 Model No PSC2FA-002002