Hi William,

On Sat, Dec 23, 2023 at 11:57:58AM -0600, William Torrez Corea wrote:
> > W: An error occurred during the signature verification. The repository is
> > not updated and the previous index files will be used. GPG error:
> > http://repo.mysql.com/apt/debian bullseye InRelease: The following
> > signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available:
> > NO_PUBKEY B7B3B788A8D3785C
> > W: tor+http://deb.ooni.org/dists/unstable/InRelease: Key is stored in
> > legacy trusted.gpg keyring (/etc/apt/trusted.gpg), see the DEPRECATION
> > section in apt-key(8) for details.
> > W: Failed to fetch
> > http://repo.mysql.com/apt/debian/dists/bullseye/InRelease  The following
> > signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available:
> > NO_PUBKEY B7B3B788A8D3785C
> > W: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old
> > ones used instead.

The repositories that you're having problems with aren't official
Debian repositories, so you might need to ask them about the
problems, or at the very least have a look at each of their
documentations to see if you are still using them correctly.

You have a lot of non-standard repositories here so you really need
to know what you are doing in order to not break your system. There
is no real guarantee that all of the repositories you're using are
designed to be used with Debian bullseye or with each other.

> I try remove some packages
>
> *apt purge tor*
>
> Reading package lists... Done
> > Building dependency tree... Done
> > Reading state information... Done
> > The following packages will be REMOVED:
> >   tor*
> > 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
> > 11 not fully installed or removed.
> > After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used.
> > Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
> > Setting up mysql-common (8.0.35-1debian11) ...
> > update-alternatives: error: alternative path /etc/mysql/my.cnf.fallback
> > doesn't
> > exist
> > dpkg: error processing package mysql-common (--configure):

etc..

So this might seem confusing but the situation you're in is that the
MySQL package (which you got from a non-Debian source so possibly
can't be advised upon here except in general terms) failed to
uninstall and as a result no further apt operations can be done
until that is resolved.

Possibly if you don't care about the sanctity of whatever MySQL data
exists on your system you can forcibly remove these MySQL packages
with a set of "dpkg -r" operations.

Failing that you may need to look in /var/lib/dpkg/info/ for the
various .postinst scripts which will be named after the MySQL
packages. These are what are failing to run. You can fix them to
work or you can delete them so they don't need to be run. After
that, removal should be possible. Once the MySQL problem is fixed,
your apt should start being functional again. Or else you find the
next problem. 😀

These are quite advanced topics. If this seems daunting, I would
advise trying to keep third-party repositories at a minimum.

You may also want to consult MySQL support for advise about problems
you're experiencing removing their packages.

Thanks,
Andy