On Wed, Jan 3, 2024 at 2:24 PM Richard Rosner <rich...@rosner-online.de>
wrote:

> So, since for whatever reason Grub seems to be broken beyond repair,

I am not sure what you mean by "broken beyond repair." I have no issues
with Grub on Debian 12 on AMD64. I had no issues with Grub on Debian 11 or
Debian 10 on AMD64 either. I also had no issues upgrading from Debian 11 to
Debian 12. Is it possible that you simply have a corrupted hard drive and
simply need to reinstall from scratch?

You can download a Debian LiveCD for AMD64 from here:
https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current-live/amd64/bt-hybrid/ you can
then boot with it and mount your drive and copy your home directory to a
USB portable drive. When you reinstall I would create a separate partition
for /home. That way in the future you can always reinstall and just tell
the system to mount the existing /home partition.

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org/