On Wed, Jan 10, 2024 at 10:48 PM Xiyue Deng <manp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You can check the developer page of zfs-linux[1] on which the "action
> needed" section has information about security issues (along with
> version info as Gareth posted).  The one you mentioned was being tracked
> in [2] and the corresponding Debian bug is [3].  My guess is that as
> zfs-linux is not in "main" but "contrib", and the issue is marked
> "no-dsa" (see [4]), there may be no urgency to provide a stable update.
> But you may send a follow up in the tracking bug and ask for
> clarification from the maintainers on whether an (old)stable-update is
> desired.

Thanks, so it *was* my searching skills that failed me:

"The fix will land in bookworm-backports and bullseye-backports-sloppy
shortly after 2.1.14-1 migrates to testing, which will take about 2
days hopefully. Fixes to 2.0.3-9+deb11u1 (bullseye) and 2.1.11-1
(bookworm) are planned but will likely take more time."

I think the bug is mislabeled as "security" and "important", as this is
primarily a severe data corruption bug, but with *possible* security
implications.

It is far more concerning that one cannot trust that cp actually copies a
file, and this is a blocker for installing the ZFS packages in Debian.

--
Jan